Preparing for your Free Consultation:
How to Study for TOEFL iBT
Hi, I’m Jaime Miller and I’m happy to speak with you in a free consultation where we can meet, speak, discuss more about your situation of studying for the exam, and what it would look like if you used The ESA Method and private lessons and my study programs to get the results that you want with TOEFL iBT.
Just as a quick reminder, I’ve been teaching TOEFL full time for more than 8 years. And through that process, I developed a particular method which I call The ESA Method. You may have seen something about it on another page of my website. There is a whole Essentials class that I teach that’s the foundation of everything.
I am the first person to admit that my program and the way I teach is not for everyone.
Before you invest time and energy going through this process to prepare for a free consultation, I want to talk to you about some things that are automatic “no’s” and reasons why you might not want to continue with this process:
- If you only have a few weeks to study for TOEFL, then this is not the process for you and I’m not going to be able to help you. When I say a few weeks, I mean anything less than 2-3 months. That’s the minimum amount of time that we need.
- If you’re doing another education program — like a Masters or some other kind of program that is requiring you to learn, then I can’t do The ESA Method at the same time. Hopefully we could schedule something during summer months, or a winter vacation, but I can’t do my program plus your program at the same time. I’ve never had good results with that in the past.
People who do benefit from my program have the following kinds of characteristics:
- If you’ve got 6-12 months to get results, then we can definitely make some serious progress in your score.
- Also, if you consistently 10-15 hours per week to study. It has to happen on a regular, repeating basis. The ESA Method: Essential Classes are big blocks of time.
- If you have nothing else you need to learn at the same time. In other words, you can focus completely on the material I’ll give you. Especially if you need a Speaking score of 26, there’s a lot to learn and master.
I am confident saying that I know what “ingredients” you need to succeed in studying with The ESA Method. My goal is to help my students permanently finish with TOEFL iBT. I don’t cut corners. I don’t take short cuts.
Before we have a free consultation, your assignment is to watch and complete a free series of 5 activities that I designed, which is called “Are we a good fit?” It means, “Are we compatible?” “Will I be able to help you?”
I know that you don’t want to waste your money on lessons that aren’t going to get you results. You also need to know if you trust me as a teacher and guide. Also, if this is the first time you’re studying online, then you also need to understand how to use technology for online lessons.
The 5 activities give you experience and information for all the things you need to be thinking about right now.
So. Give yourself 2-3 hours to finish these 5 activities. It’s totally fine to finish it over a few days if you don’t have time to finish it today. You can always come back later and continue.
If the 5 activities are too difficult, stressful or boring for you finish, you might want to stop… and that’s probably the right thing for you to do. In that case, you should search for a local TOEFL iBT expert in your town who you can meet with in face-to-face lessons.
After you share your finished activities with me, we’ll schedule a time when we can talk.
If you’re ready to get started, click the green button below! See you on the other side!
“I am happy because I managed to get a high score on the sections we worked together (on): speaking 26 and writing 27!!! Plus, a 28 on the listening section.”
“I need to thank you so, so much for the wonderful classes we had. Without you, I wouldn’t have got high scores on the speaking and writing sections. My friend was completely right when he recommended you as a brilliant instructor. I loved your method and the way you make your students confident to face the TOEFL nightmare!”JCV, a lawyer from Brazil
“It was embarrassing for me to try to practice something new in order to achieve a goal for TOEFL iBT. Jaime told me “I’m not going to teach you anything that would make you embarrassing in front of people.”
“When Jaime is giving her lessons, she’s not distracted by anything. I’ve seen tutors who made me feel like they don’t care or are so busy at that moment. At the end, Jaime always asks questions like, “Do you have any questions?” I really appreciate it.”Christina, a pharmacist from Africa